I thought it was time I share with you another great idea that you can do in cupcake pans!
Egg cupcakes aren’t really cupcakes at all, they are more like mini omelettes baked in cupcake tins. Turning the omelettes into ‘cupcakes’ makes them portable and easy to eat on the run. The great thing about these egg muffins is that they can be made in advance and heated up in the microwave on your way out the door. Brilliant!
6 slot cupcake pan
8 eggs (can substitute egg beaters)
Sliced or Shredded Cheese (I used Swiss and sharp cheddar
1 tbsp chives
Meat or Veggies (I used ham, but broccoli or sausage would be good too)
Dash of milk
Dash of hot sauce
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan well with cooking spray.
- Put meat/veggies in cups.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. (reserve a small amount of cheese for the top)
- Pour egg mixture in each cup until just below the fill line.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until the egg is puffed up and they are just starting to brown
- If desired, sprinkle with cheese
This recipe is my favorite things to make for breakfast! It is like making 6 omelets at once and not having to stay by the stove :)
There are a lot of different combinations of ingredients you could use, so use your favorite omelet fillings