background

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Farm Chicks

What is a Farm Chick? A Farm Chick is a girl who sees the world through rose-colored glasses. She loves her family. She laughs a lot. She's farmgirl meets Fifth Avenue and with a little style she'll change the world.


Farm Chicks was founded by Serena, a mom of four, an author, and a Country Living Magazine contributing editor....She is pretty much one of the luckiest and most brilliant girls in the world that I know! And yes she has put together the Superbowl for women aka The Farm Chicks Antique Show! It will leave you speechless!

I think the thing that amuses me the most is how cool it is to see such amazingly creative women come together with the one purpose of getting the junk. The junk that will be used to re-purpose, create, or decorate with. Reminds me of what most likely, our mothers and grandmothers used to do, and I believe what I have read before, how the Farm Chicks Show originally started. When you don’t have much, you definitely can find a way to make something beautiful out of someone else’s junk. If that isn’t creative, or even “green”, then I don’t know what is! It may sound cheesy, but I am super proud to be a part of that kind of movement, that is becoming more and more popular these days.


SO much sweet sweet junkity junk goodness… ruffles, burlap, scrabble tiles, rusty cans, vintage aprons, old pyrex dishes, galvanized buckets, cute buntings, one of a kind pieces of art work, flower clips, chicken wire, old window frames, chippy painted furniture pieces. The list goes on and on… Seriously, I missed out on so much.

Next year....
I am a farm chick....

No comments:

Post a Comment