background

Monday, January 31, 2011

enjoying the simple things...

enjoying the simple things...
my first cup of coffee in the morning in my favorite mug...saving for a long-desired purchase and finally being able to buy it...hearing the sound of Patrick’s footsteps enter the house after a long day at work...feeling more confident than i've ever felt at twenty-seven...having a good cry...jumping right into conversation when my sister calls without even a hello...dancing to a good song in the car...tea parties with the littles...coloring with sidewalk chalk in the driveway...a bowl of cereal before bed...snail mail in a colored envelope that stands out among the rest...oregon ducks football games...sunsets...tomato soup and grilled cheese...cupcakes...slow-cooked oatmeal...my camera...patrick lookin' all cute in a button-down shirt...brunch with my girlfriends...samantha brown's voyages on the travel channel...afternoons in barnes & noble...ups pulling up to my driveway with a package...baby fingerprints all over my windows and mirrors--and not caring one bit...bubble baths...having best friends...greek salads...candles...my nephew...sliding into clean sheets at night...a good glass of wine and conversation...

"there is no shortage of common day ceremonies waiting to be enjoyed...only weary imaginations in need of inspirational transfusions."
loving our common little life tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment