background

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole..."Dont tell mom, but this is the best I've ever had."

With the holidays being right around the corner I decided to let you in on my little secret...

THE BEST TASTING Sweet Potato CASSEROLE EVER!
Serves 8
3 cups sweet potato (mashed)
1 cup sugar
14 cup evaporated milk
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter (cubed)
1 cup coconut
1 cup nuts (chopped) ...We have family with nut allergies so I do it without
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup flour
1Preheat oven to 300ยบ.
2Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Boil until tender, then mash.
3Add next 6 ingredients and mix with an electric mixer. Pour into greased 8x8 baking dish.
4Mix topping ingredients and crumble on top of potato mixture.
5Bake 30 minutes.
Everyone at Thanksgiving said "Keep THAT recipe"  "Don't tell my mom, but this is the best I've ever had". Truly, it's wonderful. I make it  a day ahead, (well actually my husband does!) then just take it out of the fridge and bake it about 5 minutes longer.

It's delicious!


Oh and one more thing...

I used to hate kid's tables when I was a kid.
I wanted to be with the grown ups, I mean that's where the good conversations where and also the good food.
I always think you should serve the kids the same as you serve the adults. Don't do the pizza and hot dog thing, give them real food.Anyway, I came across this kid's table for Country Living.
You just cover the surface with kraft paper and set out little pots of crayon to tic-tac-toe.
Stamp  paper for place cards and use a marker to make place settings.
And the best thing is the cleanup after, just throw away the tablecloth.
Have a fab weekend darlings.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment