background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Are you there God it's me....

As may know, I am very close to my nephew and I’m a very involved Aunt. I don’t have any of my own kids (yet), so that does allow me more time. But the point is that I love kids and I love him and I make it a point to be involved. But ya’ll.. *I* got all emotional thinking about today. ME! And while I’m very involved, I’m not his momma. So if I get this emotional over my nephew??? I am in big trouble when I have my own. I can’t even imagine!

After a visit to the ENT Dr. and some testing we now have an answer for my nephews speech delay. The Dr. told us his hearing would be equivalent to what we would hear if we had earplugs in our ears. How sad is that...

With that said today he goes in for surgery


fingers crossed
xoxo
me

3 comments:

  1. Surgery went as well as it could. Dr. was glad that he didn't wait any longer to do it. Hopefully within a month we will start seeing some big improvements with speech. Poor little....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just recently found your blog (for the pancake cupcakes recipe, and they're baking as I browse the site now). I'm also a very involved aunt with no kids of my own. So I'm touched by this instantly & understand how you're feeling.

    One of my nieces shared something great with me recently, and I'd like to share it with you. So, from one "involved aunt" to another:

    "An aunt gives hugs like a mother, keeps secrets like a sister, and shares love like a friend".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie~
    Thanks so much for sharing that quote! I love it! Makes me smile and it is oh so true! Hope your pancake cupcakes turned out great! Happy sunshining Tuesday!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete