background

Sunday, February 20, 2011

happier

I miss writing (geez.  then write, Kirsten.). While I feel happy, I have come to the conclusion over the last several weeks, that I am even happier when I write.  Blogging the everyday is like therapy.  It is a way of talking to myself.  making sense at the end of the day of all that which doesn't make sense.  weaving magic into the mundane.  finding significance in the insignificant.  giving order to the random.  remembering what I have.  remembering who I am.  and the whole creative process of it all is incredibly exhilarating - I've gotten more sleep since my blogging has taken a hiatus, and yet, am more tired now, than when I stayed up late finding exactly the right words for what I was feeling at that moment.  I feel more confident when I write, even if my words indicate otherwise - because there is something courageous about putting your thoughts out there as though you think you have something to say...not worrying about what anyone thinks - like what if your photos suck, or if you're writing poorly. 

I think I just jinxed myself.
I should have knocked on wood.
Because all of a sudden, I am incredibly tired.
So much for incredibly exhilarating.

More tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment